Saturday, October 3, 2009

Someones in the Kitchen with Sophie


This week, Sophie and I had a milestone in our mother-daughter relationship. We baked together.
Earlier in the week I had read a recipe for Pumpkin Gingerbread Quick Bread and I wanted to try it out. So, after lunch on Thursday, Sophie and I baked!
We had such a great time. I premeasured out the ingredients and then Sophie got to dump/pour them into the bowl. At first she was a little confused as to what to do with the measuring cups, but she really got into it. She looked so proud when she was stirring up the batter. I can not wait for us to do it again.
I wish I got a picture of us hard at work, but with the flour and sugar out that did not quite happen. I did snap a few photos of our results though. Sophie, Ryan and I think even Marcus gave this bread a thumbs up!


1 comment:

Baba and Granddad said...

Absolutely agree with your shirt, Sophie. You are SO cute!!! Love these pictures and couldn't be prouder of Sophie's mom and dad.